Monday, October 24, 2011

Delicious Dulche de Leche Cookies!!

I had been dying to make dulche de leche brownies for ages....but had never seen dulche leche here in NZ. Then one day, I was in a South African Food shop, buying biltong for my boyfriend, and I came across a jar imported from Argentina! Super stoked!! I bought a jar, and boy I was not sorry!! The brownies unfortunately turned out delicious but not pretty haha!! So I'll have to re-do it for this blog. I had about 1/3 of a jar left after the brownies, so I made these lil puppies!! Delicious!!



                                  I used this great recipe from the awesome blog bakingbites.com

Alfajores (Dulce de Leche Cookies)
3/4 cup butter, room temperature
1 cup sugar
1 large egg
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 cups flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
approx 1 cup dulce de leche

Preheat oven to 350F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder and salt.
In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar until light. Beat in egg and vanilla extract. Gradually blend in dry ingredients until dough comes together.
Shape dough into 3/4-inch balls and place on prepared baking sheet. Press dough down with the back of a spoon or fork to flatten slightly.
Bake for 9-11 minutes, until cookies are set and edges just begin to brown.
Cool on a wire rack before filling.
When cookies are cool, spread 2-3 tsp dulce de leche (or to taste if you’d like more) between pairs of cookies before sandwiching them together.
Makes about 18 sandwich cookies.

No comments:

Post a Comment