Sunday, October 9, 2011

Delicious Duskies

Duskies are nice wee cookies that remind me of afghan biscuits, but they don't use cornflakes. They are super easy to make and taste great! Who can resist the combination of chocolate and coconut?!?!


I use the classic Edmonds recipe:

Duskies
  • 125gm butter
  • 1cup icing sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 1 1/4 cup standard flour
  • 2 tablespoons cocoa
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/2 cup coconut
Preheat oven to 200 deg celcius.
Cream butter and sugar until light and creamy, with the icing sugar it doesn’t take long.  Add egg and beat well into butter mixture.  Sift dry ingredients into butter mixture, add coconut and mix well until all combined in.  The resultant dough will be soft and squishy, you won’t be able to roll it into balls, so place spoonfuls onto a cold cookie tray, either grease lightly or use baking paper.
Bake for 12 to 15 minutes until done.  Biscuit will still be soft in center with slight firmness around the edges, remember you are looking for “wet sand” texture when pressed.
When cold, ice with chocolate icing and coconut.

Icing;
Sift icing sugar and cocoa into bowl, mix a little bit of hot water in incrementally until a smooth but not too runny icing results.  Either dip biscuits into icing and then cocoa, or spread icing over and then coconut.

2 comments:

  1. One of my favourite biscuits! My Nana used to make the for us when we were young

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still make them for my 31 & 32 children now making them for my daughter s first birthday I'm sure they are for my daughter

    ReplyDelete